Personal Information We Collect
We Collect Personal Information You Choose To Provide. You may visit and enjoy many elements of the Cleveland Comets Properties without disclosing any personal information about yourself. However, if you choose to make use of select, special or enhanced elements of the Cleveland Comets Properties, you may need to share with us certain personal information so those elements may function properly. When you use certain enhanced elements within the Cleveland Comets Properties (e.g., create a profile, register for a promotion, make a purchase or publish a comment), the personal information we collect may include, but is not limited to:
- Full name
- Email address
- Street address
- Telephone number(s)
- Birth date
- Payment card information
- Location data
- Contacts (as stored in your wireless device)
If we collect your information, in most instances, the applicable page(s) or location(s) within the Cleveland Comets Property will include statements regarding what information is required and functionality for you to submit required or requested information.
How We Use and Share Your Personal Information
- To provide you with information you have requested, or with products, services or content you have purchased, used or otherwise engaged with, (e.g., a sweepstakes, rewards program, subscription to goods or services, etc.) and to communicate with you (including via postal mail) about the same;
- To communicate with you about the league or NPF Club(s) applicable to your interactions with the Cleveland Comets Properties and about products, services, sponsors, partners or affiliates related to a purchase you have made or rules or terms to which you have agreed, to the extent the sending of such communication is permissible under applicable law;
- To send you periodic surveys to help improve the Cleveland Comets Properties or your NPF experience;
o In connection with loyalty, membership or rewards programs operated or accessible from the Cleveland Comets Properties;
- When the personally identifying components of your information are removed, we may use and share such anonymized information for internal purposes (e.g., to learn about the age distribution of our users); and
- In accordance with any other permission you provide at the time you submit such information to us.
Other Information Collected
Technical Information. When you use the Cleveland Comets Properties, we use software tools, including but not limited to cookies (small amounts of data which include a unique string of characters sent to your browser or application from a website’s computers and stored on your computer’s or device’s hard drive), web beacons (technology used to track activity, also known as pixel tags) and similar technologies, to collect a variety of technical, non-personally identifiable information, for example the type of Internet browser or operating system used to access a Cleveland Comets Property, the date and duration of a Website visit or the Internet Protocol address used to access the Website. We use such technical information for internal purposes, for example to study and improve the response times of our Website. We may associate such technical information with personal information you provide to us as described in Section 1 above, in which case we will treat such associated information as personal information. Please be advised that associating technical information with personal information may be required for us, and our Service Providers, to recognize you and your communications with us, for example to retain your newsletter preferences or enable your use of a “shopping cart.”
Location Data. When you use an Cleveland Comets Property via a wireless device we may solicit your permission to collect your location data. Some features within our Applications (e.g., live NPF game video or location-based offers) may only function upon confirmation of your location, and therefore such features will not be available if you choose not to provide your location data to us. The specificity of the location data collected may depend on a number of factors, including the device you are using (e.g., laptop, smartphone, tablet) and how you are connected to the Internet (e.g., via cable broadband connection, WiFi). If you enable location services for our Applications, we may collect location data (e.g., zip code) periodically as you use or leave open our Applications. We use such location information for internal purposes and to improve your Cleveland Comets Property experience, for example to understand where our users are most successfully accessing the Cleveland Comets Properties. We may associate such location information with personal information you provide to us as described in Section 1 above, in which case we will treat such associated information as personal information. Depending on the platform you use to access our Applications (e.g., Apple’s iOS, Google’s Android) you may be able to control whether location data is collected from within “Settings” or other controls on your wireless device or the Applications.
Social Networking. When using the Cleveland Comets Properties or when using certain third party social networking services (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Google +) (each a “Social Network”), you may have the option to connect your Cleveland Comets Property information and activity with your Social Network information and activity. If you authorize such a connection, you permit us to share or publish information about your Cleveland Comets Property activity with that Social Network and its users, and to access certain of your Social Network information, as disclosed to you at the time you consent to the connection. Information we may share with a Social Network may include, but is not limited to: technical information about your Cleveland Comets Property activity, your Cleveland Comets Property comments or the videos you watch on Cleveland Comets Properties. Information we may access about you, with your consent, from a Social Network may include, but is not limited to, your basic Social Network information, your location data, your list of contacts, friends or followers and certain information about your activities on the
Device ID. When you use certain Cleveland Comets Properties, we or our Service Provider may collect your unique device ID. We may use such information for internal purposes and to provide you a better Cleveland Comets Property experience, for example to troubleshoot Application problems you may experience or provide you rewards or offers in connection with your Game activity. We may associate Device ID with personal information you provide to us as described in Section 1 above, in which case we will treat such associated information as personal information.
Other Circumstances When Your Data May Be Shared
- Aggregated and Anonymous Information. We may share aggregated, anonymous information with any third party. This information is not linked to personal information that can identify you or another individual person.
Managing Your Personal Information
Remember that when you share information publicly online, it may be indexable by search engines or recorded by others, and any search engine index or record of your information may persist after you delete the information at the original source.
Other Information; Contact Us
- No Spyware or Adware. We do not install any spyware or adware in connection with our Services, or distribute any commercial message, or authorize any third party to distribute any commercial message, by means of spyware or adware. “Spyware” or “Adware” is any software which has been downloaded to or installed on an Internet user’s computer or device, without the user’s actual consent, and facilitates the distribution of any commercial message to the user. If you feel you may have spyware from another company installed on your machine, there are various anti-spyware/adware software applications available on the Internet to identify if this has occurred.
- Our Security Practices. The account information associated with any of our Services is password protected for your privacy and security. You choose your password for any of our Services so the strength of that password is determined by you. We recommend that you choose a unique password and not share your password with anyone else. In certain areas, we use industry-standard SSL encryption to protect data transmissions.